Friday, December 8, 2017

Ballon d’Or Winner Cristiano Ronaldo Explains How Manchester United Helped Him

BlameFootball
Ballon d’Or Winner Cristiano Ronaldo Explains How Manchester United Helped Him

REUTERS/Juan Medina

Real Madrid superstar, Cristiano Ronaldo won the fifth Ballon d’Or of his career to go level with arch-rival Lionel Messi. The Portuguese played a pivotal role in Los Blancos’ successful last season, in which they won both Domestic and European silverware.

Ronaldo’s well deserved accolade completed a decade old rivalry between him and Messi, with both having won the award five times apiece.

It was reported by the Mirror that the 32-year-old winger, after his grand triumph, singled out his former club, Manchester United, and “pinpointed the experience of mixing with the likes of Ryan Giggs and Roy Keane as the moment his belief skyrocketed”.

Ronaldo said, “Since I was 14, 15 or 16 years old I knew that I was different from other kids. I did different things. I realized that I was good at Manchester United, when I played with players like Giggs, Keane or Ferdinand. I had talent.

“The English mentality is different and those people helped me a lot to be what I am now. I have to thank my colleagues in Manchester. ”

CR7 also talked about Lionel Messi and stated that he “hoped” their battle continues for a few more years.

“I hope to play at this level for a few more years, I hope the battle with Messi continues, things happen for a reason,” he added.

“I feel good this season and we’ll see what we win at the end of the year. I’m happy at Madrid, I want to stay there, I would like to finish my career at Madrid if possible.”

 

Written by Sidharth Jindal  

Sports fanatic with a passion for writing (predominantly football) and “Wants to live life to its fullest.” Writes about the Premier League on his personal blog.

 

The post Ballon d’Or Winner Cristiano Ronaldo Explains How Manchester United Helped Him appeared first on BlameFootball.

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Live Scores

Blog Archive

Labels